MEHRANGARH FORT (5 KM)
Guarding the city below, crowning a perpendicular cliff, the fort was founded by Rao Jodha in 1459 Ad when he shifted his capital from Mandore. Standing sentinel to the city below, it overlooks the rugged and rocky terrain and houses a palace intricately adorned with long carved panels and latticed windows exquisitely wrought from red sandstone. The apartments with, have their own magic the Moti Mahal (Pearl Palace), Phool Mahal (Flower Palace), Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace), Sileh Khana and Daulat Khana with a rich varied collection of palanquins, howdas, royal cradles, miniature paintings of various schools, costumes, furniture and an impressive armoury. The display of cannons on the ramparts near Chamunda temple is among the rarest in India. As youclimb up, folk musicians revive the grandeur of a bygone era.
UMAID BHAWAN PALACE
Build by Maharaja Umaid Singh (1929-1942), and named after him, this exquisite palace is also known as Chittar Palace because of the local Chittar sandstone used. It is a splendid exampleof Indo-colonial and art deco style of the 30s. A unique featureof this palace is the fact that the hand chiselled sandstone blocks have been put together in a special system of interlocking, there is no mortar binding. A portion of the palace has been converted into a hotel, the other remains on view to visitors in form of excellent museum which houses model aeroplanes, weapons, antique clocks and bob watches, Priceless crockery, and hunting trophies. Both sections retain the ambience of royal splendour.
Built in the memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh II, in 1899, the imposing white marble memorial marks the site of a royal crematorium. The cenotaph houses portraits of successive rulers. These four cenotaphs commemorate notable acts of bravery, generosity of the four successive rulers.
GIRDIKOT AND SARDAR MARKET
Throbbing with activity, the colourful bazar, near Clock Tower, has narrow lanes dotted with tiny shops selling exquisite Rajasthani textiles, handicrafts, clay figurines of camels and elephants, marble curios with inlay work and exquisite Rajasthani silver jewellery.
JODHPUR GOVERNMENT MUSEUM
The Sardar Government Museum (also known as Jodhpur Government Museum, Jodhpur State Museum or Museum Jodhpur) is located in Public Park (Ummed Bagh), Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. The museum is named in memory of Maharaja Sardar Singh, a ruler of Jodhpur from 1895 to 1911. It was constructed under the reign of his son, Maharaja Umed Singh. It was built by Henry Vaughan Lanchester in 1909 and formally opened to the public on 17 March, 1936. On 22 June 2018, the re-planned museum was inaugurated by Smt. Vasundhara Raje, the Chief Minister of Rajasthan.
The Mandore Garden is this hauntingly beautiful tract of land housing. All the ruins of the ancient royal fastness of the Rathore clan. The Mandore Garden, with its high rock terrace. This also houses Chhatris for many of the kings that once ruled from here.